.........................................................................................

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Warrior

I love it when I have a productive day. I always tease Patrick, that it's his favorite kind of day, but I can see why. It just feels so good to get your shit done!

Anyway, this weekend, I had a seminar class. I was really not looking forward to it. I just knew I had a lot of stuff to do and didn't want to give up my whole weekend to do it. But, I had to. So, Friday morning bright and early I reported to class. It was on Augmentative & Alternative Communication. It was FULL of speech pathology students (as it was part of their program), and I was generally lost in the mix. O well. But...good news came! I found out late Friday that class was not meeting on Saturday, after all! What? Really? AWESOME! I got a whole day I thought was lost! Fantastic!

So, Saturday I vowed to make the most of my time. I slept in (seems like a counter-productive move, but it was needed!) and got rolling right away. I got up and went to the gym (a foreign concept, in general, but I'm trying to get better) and came home to wash up and get going. I finally made it out to queens and ran some errands. It was only 2:00, and I had already gotten a lot done! I was so excited. I was multitasking, too. I was reading on the trains and getting some homework done. WOO HOO, look at me! When I came home, I buckled down and wrote and wrote and wrote. It was a good feeling to get some things crossed off (as it always is). Then, Saturday night I watched the UConn men's game with mom on the phone (just like old times). It was a fantastic victory, and a really good game.

Then, Sunday, I went back to class and finished up. We got out early, which was nice, so I went back to the gym (2 days in a row! Who am I?) and came home to write some more. After working a bit more, I decided I'd be done for the day. I vegged a bit and curled up in bed with the UConn women's game. At halftime, though, I called it quits. I just couldn't stay up longer.

I was saddened to wake this morning to find out my girls had lost. :( But, there's still hope for the men tonight! LET'S GO HUSKIES!!!

So, while it may not sound like much (and certainly not exciting), it was a good weekend for me. I feel good, productive, and happy. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were on top of it and didn't wait till the last minute in usual Kimmy form! :)

    I too was super productive this weekend, getting lots done around the house and mostly in my yard! Amazing I know since I couldn't even manage to find time to water it last year. I pulled weeds, worked some on what will eventually be our garden, picked up poo, AND watered it. Just for it to snow the next day! Got to love CO weather!

    Hurray for being productive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jules, not to disappoint, I did procrastinate. :) The Queens trip was a "ok, I have to do it now or I won't be able to" and the writing is getting down to the wire (not that I haven't been working on it all along, though, so I guess I'm improving somewhat, right!?).

    Good work on the yard! Very exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete