.........................................................................................

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Countdown Continues

16 days, not that I'm counting, haha, until my surgery. So many things are changing in my life right now. Tomorrow I'm moving (such a shock, I know) again; I'm having major surgery; my job is still up in the air; and my relationships are shifting, too.

So the move...Luckily, this time, it's just across town. I mentioned this briefly in my last post, but Julie has decided to buy a house. That's awesome! I will be moving in with a couple of friends who live here in town. Conveniently enough, they live about a block away from school! Once I'm healed, I could walk to work!

I went into detail last time about this, so I'll spare you (that, and I feel like that's all I've talked about for the last months ad nauseum, but yeah). But as it draws nearer, it becomes more real, and therefore scarier. I had this really brave front or face on for quite a while, and I don't fully think it was a lie, but as it draws nearer, I get more scared. I'm scared of the pain, scared of recovery, scared (as crazy as it seems) of the crutches, and scared that it may not work. I just have to put it out of my mind, though, and have faith. Is a rare condition, but this surgeon has done several procedures of this and has EXCELLENT reviews. He'll do amazing things, and the recovery will be long and slow, but I've been through worse, and I have an amazing support system!

My job...ugh. So, as I think I've mentioned before, I have a "temporary" contract with the district. Everyone hired this year was hired under temp status so that if our budget bond didn't pass last fall, they could get rid of staff easier. Luckily, it did pass. Yay! However, because I'm on a temp contract, I have to reapply for my job, which is now set to be a permanent contract (yay). So, I'm in that process now. And as much as they smile at me and tell me not to worry, it's hard not to. And so I'm applying around, just to cya, but really hoping I don't have to. :)

My relationships, naturally, are changing, too. Julie and Sara are moving away (not terribly far, mind you, but farther than across the room), Chris and Alicia are becoming my roommates, which is a change, of course, but I think it will be good. And I have a new boyfriend. His name is Jasper, and he's amazing. He is very loving and so patient and understanding about all my hip issues.

One thing I'm really thankful for (among so many) is that my kids have been so helpful and loving through all my pain. And I've been very upfront and transparent with them about what's to come with my surgery and how I'll need their help more and be on crutches for the rest of the year. My goal, in fact, is to be off crutches by the end of school. The doctor said 6-8 weeks, and the last day of school is exactly 7 weeks from my surgery, so even if it's the day before, I'd like to be off them by the end. But, I know I need to be realistic and take things easy. Yeah yeah. :P

So that's my life right now. I'm enjoying spring break, relaxing, and moving lol. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment