.........................................................................................

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Long silence...

Hello all,

I know it's been a while since I've posted. That's because I've been a boring Grad Student. :) After Patrick left, it's been a crazy few weeks.

Last weekend, though, I was able to go down to Baltimore to visit my uncle, aunt and two cousins. It was a great time. Alex, the older cousin (13), was in a play Saturday night. It was fantastic. It was an original play called Once Upon a Game Show. They were all different fairy tale characters and were on a game show like The Dating Game. It was very cute. Alex was to play the part of Doc (7 dwarves) and a stagehand for the game show. However, the day of the performance, one of the kids got hit very hard in the head at his soccer game and was unable to perform. So, Alex picked up his part, too. He ended up playing all 7 dwarves plus the stagehand. He was great! You could never tell that wasn't his original part. He did so well! I'm very proud of him.

The whole weekend was very nice and relaxing. Unfortunately, I picked up Tom's cold (he's 10 now!) and brought it back :(.

So, suffering through this cold has been icky, but then Monday night I got food poisoning on top of it. I was sick all night. It was terrible. But, I have a very sweet friend here that happened to be around when I was in the bathroom and nursed me. She has checked up on me making sure I'm ok. Thanks, Tomomi! I'm feeling much better today, though. My cold is starting to break up...yay!

And tomorrow...I GO HOME!!! I'm sooooo excited for Thanksgiving! Patrick and I are planning to do some skiing, and spend Thanksgiving up in the mountains with our friends Jim and Nicole and baby Riley. I'm quite excited. :D

So, with that, I'll leave you. Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment