.........................................................................................

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembrance

Today is a national day of remembrance. It commemorates the ninth anniversary of September 11, 2001 attack on our country. Many thousands of people lost their lives that day. Today we honor their memory and thank those who helped for their sacrifice and bravery.

Being in New York, I decided I would go down to the World Trade Center "Ground Zero" area today. I had originally planned to go this morning for the ceremony, but I decided against it. It just felt wrong, like a tourist at a funeral. So, I decided to pay my respects in a different way. I went down there this afternoon and sobbed. It was so real. There are still buildings where you can see the charring and burnt bricks. Nine years later, it's still there. I remember everything about that day, as if it were yesterday. I remember watching the planes, confused and terrified. It all came rushing back to me in an instant standing there. It was overwhelming.

I have no words to express my deep gratitude for those that sacrifice for my freedom. Thank you just doesn't seem enough, but it's all I have, so, THANK YOU!!!

God bess us, every one.

1 comment: