.........................................................................................

Monday, September 27, 2010

DAH!!! Blasted Interwebs!

Seriously, what did we do before the internet? I honestly don't know. Patrick put it quite well, I think: "There was less expected of you then. Now, since you don't have to spend 5 hours in the library to look something up, as you can just Google it, more is expected of you and faster."

And that's fine...if your internet works! The reason I haven't written in a week is that mine's been down since Wednesday (o, sure, I can hold my computer and my tongue in just the right way over the end of my bed and catch the wifi next door, but really? And that's only sometimes.). So, after much "squeaky-wheel-ing," I have (hopefully reliably) internet restored.

So, to fill you in:

Thursday after class, Ali (the girl from Melbourne, Becky) and I decided to get together this weekend. Fun...we'll figure out something. Friday I had planned a dinner with some of the girls on my floor. It was going to be a lot of fun. Sure enough, it was. There were 6 of us just hanging out enjoying our pot-luck dinner. Sheila is from CO (Westminster, actually. And just around the corner from you, Julie), Ting and Mei Ying are the girls from across the hall from my old room (basically the only 2 people I knew this summer), and some new girls this fall were there. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday, Ali and I decided to go see "Waiting for Superman," a movie about education and how America's is failing. Being that we're both teachers (she's in the Elementary Inclusive program), we had a vested interest. It was very thought-provoking, indeed. We both left fired-up and wanting to change the world.

Sunday was a pretty uneventful, but I did go to a new church. Scott, the associate pastor of my church in CO, recommended I try Forefront here in the city. He knew some people there and said I'd probably like it as it was similar in teaching and style to Flatirons. He was right. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad to have found a church I really like here, and can keep that part of my life while I'm here.

So, today being Monday, I'm off to my office hours and then home for more studying. O joy. Such is the life of a grad student. :) Gotta love it! :D

I'm just thankful the tubes are back up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment