.........................................................................................

Sunday, September 5, 2010

WHEN!?

Yesterday, after a glorious trip to the Met, I had planned a rather dull evening at home, alone, watching TV or reading or something equally as boring. However, Irene to the rescue!

Ang, my best friend growing up in CT and still a dear dear friend lives in MD now. Her roommate is Irene. When I went to visit them about a month ago we all hit it off quite well. Irene is from NYC (Queens) and comes home rather frequently. She was home this weekend and IMed me to see what I was up to last night. Upon hearing my plan, she proceeded to tell me that it would not do. "You're young!" she says. "And it's a Saturday night!" Both of these facts may be true, so I decided to concede and go out to some Greek clubs with her (She's very Greek.) and her Greek friends to dance and have fun.

After taking an hour to get to Queens to her house, we were finally walking out of her house at 11:00 headed to Astoria. I was shocked. What's the point? You go, have one or two drinks and a couple dances and then it's last call. O no, she tells me, not here. Clubs stay open till 4 here. WHAT!!?? FOUR AM!? Omg. What did you get me into, Irene. Ok, fine. I'll be fine. It'll be fun.

So after going to this lounge bar that serves Greek coffee selections and a full bar (kinda a weird combo, but a nice place), we headed to a club. One of the friends of Irene's knew a guy there, so he wanted to say hi. By about 2 (normal closing time in the real world), we headed to ANOTHER club. It was an all Greek place with pretty much nothing but Greek music. It was fun. Different, but fun.

Like going out in MD with Ang and Irene, Irene had to dress me appropriately for Greek clubs. I do find it funny, though, that walking around with her (she's freakin GORGEOUS!!!), no one even noticed my existence the whole night. It was still fun, though.

They're a different crowd, those Greeks. I like em. They're fun. Somehow they get away with breaking what would otherwise be strict laws in NYC (like bar closing times and smoking inside). Last call wasn't until ten after four and the smoke was so thick it burned to breathe.

So after finally getting home at 5 am, I crashed. We got up and had a fun day together today, and overall it was a great 24 (almost) hours. Thanks, Irene! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment