.........................................................................................

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Brrr

C'est si froid. Ect ist kalt! It is so cold! I think you get the point. Fall has definitely hit the city. Some days are very warm (60s to 70) and others not so much. But the nights are frigid (most in the 40s, maybe 50).

By law, in NYC, if a landlord controls the heat, it must be turned on by October 1. And, if the outside temperature during the day (6am-10pm) is below 55*, the inside temperature must read 68*. Further, overnight (10pm-6am), when the temp falls below 40*, the inside temp must read at least 55*.

For my dorm, the school (landlord) controls the heat (as would be expected). It is obviously past October 1, the temps have fallen below the stated temps outside both overnight and days. However, my room most CERTAINLY does NOT measure that warm. It is sooooo cold. I sit here in long sleeves, my hoodie and still cold.

Frustrated that the methods I've taken to complain (up the ladder and all the chains of command, then finally resorting to police) seem futile, I don't know where else to turn.

But, alas, it will change. I know it will. I just hope I don't freeze first. But I also have hope...Patrick has sent me a warm snuggly box filled with warm things, and it should arrive very soon. :) I'm excited.

On even more exciting news...Patrick is coming to see me...for a whole WEEK!!! I'm so excited. :D And we're gonna have so much fun exploring the city. Being touristy in your own town is so fun, and it's even better when your llama is there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment