.........................................................................................

Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I love being home; I really do. As soon as the plane landed, I turned on my phone to text Patrick that I'd arrived. What I found, though, was quite lovely. After talking to Patrick and finding out where to meet him, I listened to the voicemail I'd received while in the air.

It was Julie. She asked if I could carve out some time that day to come over because Sara had been really excited to see me. Apparently she'd told Sara I was coming home that day, and her response was, "She's coming to see me!?" Seriously, how do you say no to that!? And she'd been asking about Patrick a lot, too. So with my heart on cloud 9 to be home, and melting at those words, I was welcomed back to Colorado in style!

I've been home a few days now, and I really am relishing the break. I've already raided the library and finished my first book. I'll return today to get another, I think. Suggestions?

While NY isn't bad, and I'm becoming more accustomed, it's still not home, and I do love it here. One semester down, two to go. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment