.........................................................................................

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adventure Du Jour

Bonjour! Today's adventure in The Big Bad City was neither bad nor overly adventurous. But, it was big and fun! As you know, I live way uptown in Harlem. Today, I ventured down to NYU area and got a picture of something I've wanted to see since I moved here. Here it is:
As you can tell, it's a street sign. What you may not be able to see is what street corner this is. It's the corner of Chrystie and Delancey. This corner was made famous in one of my favorite movies, (and therefore why I wanted to go down there) Happy Accidents. I have been working hard on my thesis work and decided to get out and enjoy this most gorgeous New York day. It was warm, beautifully sunny, and amazingly perfect. I re-fell in love with the city today. Only to then realize I only have about 2 short months left.

After visiting here, I decided to walk a few more blocks and visit Bleecker Street. This was made famous (to me, anyway) by the show Felicity. It is also very known (apparently) for its fashion and shopping (any shocker why I didn't know that!?). So, I took a pic of that subway stop, that Felicity is leaning on in the credits. However, I didn't go down INTO the station to actually get a pic of the pole (maybe one day) because I didn't really feel like wasting the money. I realize the whole adventure was essentially a waste ofmoney, but why waste more? So, here's that one.


And on my return to my neck of the woods, I decided to stop at Central Park. I had brought a book along to read on the train, and it being such a fantastically gorgeous day, I thought I'd make more of it. On my walk from the train to the park, I saw this:

If you can't tell, it's a sculpture of roses. It's in the median at Park and 62nd, I think. Somewhere around there. It was just so random and pretty.

I love being a tourist in my own town. Today was a lot of fun! It got me outside (which I haven't really been able to do and enjoy in a while) and gave me a break from my work. Yay! I ♥ NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment