.........................................................................................

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adventureless? HA!

I swear, the day this city becomes a non-adventure is the day after it implodes or something. And I'm beginning to learn that what this city means by adventure is really just what everyone else would call inconvenience. When I arrived home the other day and ran into the girls in the kitchen, they mentioned that there was a Kmart nearby. I looked it up and it said 34th St. O goodie! I know where that is, and it's pretty easy to get to. Penn Station is on 34th (that's where I picked up Amanda and Matt). So I decided to try it out. Also, my computer keys have become kinda sticky, so I made an appointment at the Apple store to get it fixed. I figured I'd just make a day of it. So, I gathered my things and headed out.
The Apple store is at 66th St station. When I got off, I made it to the store easily. I waited around for about half an hour for someone to see me. When he looked at my computer, he gave me the bad news...liquid damage...worse news...not covered! AAHHH. So I was confused because the whole reason I bought the extended warranty was because the guy specifically said it would cover everything (INCLUDING liquid damage. I think his exact words were, "You could drop it in the pool, and they'd still cover it."). So, he decided to throw me a bone and they'd fix it for free!! WOW! Thanks. Assuming it's just the keys and they don't find extensive damage inside (which I'm hoping not, and everything seems to work ok, so maybe it's fine), they'll cover it. Now, time to venture to Kmart.
When I looked up directions, Google said to take the A train because the 1 train lets out several blocks East of where I needed to be. Ok, fine. So, I got to the train station only to find out that to go one stop downtown, I have to ride uptown about 3 stations because of all this construction...grr! So, I got on and rode up to 96th, switched to downtown, and rode BACK down to 50th where I could switch to A. I really should have just walked the 10 blocks, but I had already paid. So, I took the A and got off at 34th. Finding my way to Kmart, I realized I could have just taken the 1 as it really wasn't as out of the way as it appeared. O well. I found all my stuff I needed and had planned to take a cab home as much of it was too big and bulky to carry on the train. Then I saw a sign for same day delivery in Manhattan for only$15 (way cheaper than a cab). Nice. Ok, so I did that.
Since I was down by Penn anyway, I decided to stop at the HUGE (an entire city block) post office to change my address since I changed rooms. I don't know why it's so difficult to have these stupid things out, but apparently it is. So, I waited in line for forever, it seemed, and got my form.
Then I decided it would be a good idea to go talk to a human at Amtrak for this weekend's trip to CT instead of booking online. I walked into Penn and realized that was a bad idea. The cue was huge. Nevermind! Forget that! I was so done at that point.
I just grabbed my stuff and headed home. I took the 1 all the way...direct with no stopping...very nice. So, now I'm home and in desperate need of a nap before class. Unfortunately, I still have to finish some homework. O well!

No comments:

Post a Comment