.........................................................................................

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Out and About...On My Own

Well, yesterday was my first day all by myself in the big bad scary city. :) It wasn't so bad. But, I didn't really go anywhere, either. I stayed in the AC as it is still wicked hot and read my book for class. It was nice to just retreat and ignore my circumstances. It turned out to be a fabulous book, too. It was Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. Anyway, after reading my first two books (yeah, that's right...two books in one day! I know, who am I, and what have I done with Kim that she's actually reading books for class and 2 in one day!), I attended a movie night in my dorm hall. I met some nice girls that live in my building and are also brand new. It was nice to just sit and chat knowing we're experiencing the same feelings, fears, doubts, and worries. One girl has also left behind a boyfriend, so we commiserated together. :)

Today, however, I decided I needed to get out, as I am out of reading material and I had some errands to run. So, I braved the streets and headed uptown into Harlem. I found the post office to mail my first package to Patrick (stuff he forgot while he was here) and found some neat things along the way. I found a branch of the NYC Library (YAY!!) and a closer DD (uber yay!). There is also some shopping down by the PO that is nice to see (Old Navy, a decent-sized grocery store, etc.). It was nice to get out and explore some. Now I'm headed way downtown into Brooklyn to go to Target. I'm hoping it's not nearly as adventurous as WalMart. :)

Until next time...

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are out exploring, not sure I would be brave enough to alone. And I'm glad to see your using your blog...but I still am waiting for pics! :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete