.........................................................................................

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

Ok. I guess I spoke too soon. Target was a bit of an adventure, but not nearly as bad as WalMart. I should have known better when, as I was walking to the train station, I thought...hmm, maybe I should save this for tomorrow, since I have nothing to do at all...nah! So, I got to the train and filled up my card. Once I entered the loading area, I realized that the downtown rain area was blocked off. Due to construction, downtown trains were skipping the 3 or 4 stations all around me. So...I had to ride UPtown about 3 stations, transfer to downtown (which, luckily, they provided for free) and head the bajillion blocks down to Brooklyn to get to the Target. So, what should have been about a 45 min ride ended up being an hour and 15 min! Ug...it takes FOREVER to get anywhere in this city! At least I'm learning. It's funny, I used to allot myself about 20-30 min to get anywhere at home, now I have to allow an hour. Erg. So, anyway, I made it to Target and got my stuff (plus some, of course) and made it home all in one piece! Yay for an exploration day! I had fun and feel very accomplished. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment