.........................................................................................

Friday, July 30, 2010

Long time no write...sorry!

I realize it's been quite a while since I've posted. I finally got my computer back (yay!), and now I can blog-away!

It's been a relatively uneventful week, good, and things are picking up. I went out to Harlem last Friday to return a movie...wow, this city sure changes on a Friday night. It was buzzing with life! Then it hit me! I've not been home a single weekend since I moved in. That's nuts. First it was Becky's shower, then CT, then WI. But it's a fun time, and I've had a blast! So, the day before I left for Wisconsin and realized the city has life, I vowed to see some of it the next weekend (this weekend), but we'll see how that goes. As I still have no one to experience it with, really, I'll probably just stay home and work on my research papers.

As for my trip to Minnesota and Wisconsin, it was great! I flew into MN, because that's where Ben lives. Ben (Patrick's brother) has spent the last four months on a Mercy Ship (hospital ship) off the coast of Togo, Africa. So he finally came home, and all his family came out to greet him. His mom and Patrick came a day early to get his house in order...spruce it up since it's been closed up for four months. Then his dad arrived Saturday after picking up his cousins and I came a bit later. Ben got in at about 9pm. It was really fun to meet all his family (I'd only met his parents before when they came out to CO about a month and a half ago) and spend time with them. Then Monday morning we drove to WI and saw all the old spots I'd heard so much about. I got to see Patrick's high school, the "ski hill" (so cute! It was about the size of Eldora's mini lift hill.), his parents church and the elementary school he attended, and his old stomping ground. It was neat. I left Tuesday afternoon.

So here I am, back in the city, and have a crap ton of homework. I spent all day Wednesday working hard before class and Thursday, too. Now I am down to just my research papers, which I'm not as worried about. I have all weekend to do one and a week to do the other...no sweat, right? We'll see. So, I guess I'm off to start working on those now. Can't put it off forever, and I'd rather somewhat enjoy my weekend.

I'm going to try a new church on Sunday. I'm pretty excited about it. It's one that Scott (one of the pastors at Flatirons) suggested to me, and I've listened to it online. It seems quite similar. I'm excited to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment