.........................................................................................

Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog Challenge Continued

Oops, forgot to finish this last night...my bad. :)

After a long weekend away and no internet access, today I'm playing catch up (all the way up to Day 14). Sorry for the big post, but it'll be worth it. :)

Day 10: What I'm Afraid of:



I'm afraid, like many people of failing. I'm not talking about college tests (although if I had them I might be), but on the bigger picture. I'm afraid of failing the people I love and letting them down. I'm afraid of failing myself and repeating old mistakes, thereby letting myself down. I want to make people I love and care about proud. I'm afraid to fail. I set pretty high (sometimes unrealistic) expectations on myself in order to please/make proud/etc. the people I love, and I really want to live up to them. Unfortunately, sometimes they are pretty lofty and I fall short. I'm working on it, as always.


Day 11: Something I've Lost and Miss:



As you know, I've lost my dad. It's been nearly 10 years now (June), and I obviously still miss him. A lot. Like with anything, some days are worse than others. Important days in his life (birthday, anniversary of his death, Christmas Eve, etc) are harder than others, but randomly it's hard, too. I wasn't really a daddy's girl (that was Becky's area), but we definitely had our things. Theatre was our sacred place. We could fight like cats and dogs, but in the theatre, there was nothing wrong. We just synced. It was great. Our McDonalds trips, too, were our thing. Becky had donuts with Daddy, I had McDonalds breakfast. It was just us time. And I cherished it. Maybe that's why I still love McD's breakfast to this day.


Day 12: Favorite Trait About Myself:

I think my favorite thing about myself, which I sometimes forget, is that I am strong. I have been through a lot in my 25 years, and I strive in them. I more than survive. I am strong and just keep getting stronger. I know what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I've had my fair share of strength builders. :)

Day 13: Some things I believe:

I believe everything happens for a reason. God has it all planned out and wouldn't present you with something you can't get through. You may not know it at the time, but everything happens to better you. You may not understand it, like it or want it, but it makes you stronger, better, and is for a reason. I also forget this sometimes, but I know deep down it's true.

And finally, Day 14: My favorite color:

If any of you know me, you know it's orange! I love it. It's so cheerful and happy. It's always been my favorite color, ever since I was a kid. It also happens to be Patrick's and my dad's. Weird, huh? I think it's just cuz it's an awesome color! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment