.........................................................................................

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blog Challenge

Ok, so everyone is doing these "Blog Challenges" and wanting me to do it, too. So, ok, fine. I figure I'll just make it up as I go. So, Day 1 generally seems to be an introduction to myself. Well, since the only people that actually readmy blog are my sister, my boyfriend and my best friend, I think I can skip that, eh?

So, moving on...Day 2 is generally the meaning behind the blog name. Since I don't really have a good meaning, it was something I came up with on
the spot as Julie was making the blog for me before I left for NY (she doesn't have fb, so she insisted I have a blog, but I made her set it up). Since that's not really a whole post's worth, I'll move on.

Day 3--A love or a recent pic. Hmm...I'll do both! I've attached this pic of Patrick and me because I think it's a really sweet picture. It overlooks a golf course in Golden and was taken in September at a friends' wedding. It has the mountains I love in the background and I'm with the man I love...WIN!

Day 4 (Since they've been short) seems to be discussing family. This one might be longer. My family: I have a mom, a step-dad, a sister who's married, so a brother-in-law, and two step-brothers (each married, so some sisters-in law, too).

My dad passed away nearly 10 years ago (this June), and my mom, whom I consider one of my best friends, remarried in 2008 to Jeff. They are amazing together and have really shown me what a healthy and loving relationship should look like. Jeff is a great man both for her and for Becky and me. He is wonderful and I love him and am happy to call him part of my family.

Becky is my sister. She's 5 years older than me and has recently become rather close. It most definitely wasn't always that way, but like we say, the best thing to happen to us was 3000 miles between us! It really has been good. We've grown up and are now able to really have a sisterly relationship, which is really nice. PLUS: she's given me a nephew...how cool is that!? She and Kevin (her awesome hubby) brought Porter Davis Menard into our crazy world in September, and he just lights up all of us (even though I haven't officially met him).

My brothers Nick and Ryan are both older than me, Nick's closer to my age and Ryan only 3 weeks younger than Becky. Nick lives with his wife, Andrea, and their puppy in Dallas by Mom and Jeff, and Ryan and Valerie live in Iowa near where I was born. They're pretty cool guys, and I always wanted brothers :) so it's pretty neat. I only wish I saw them more.

So, in a nutshell, that's my family. It's growing and expanding and I love it! That doesn't even include my friends that might as well be family, but that's ok. They know who they are. :)

Love you all! Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of you starting your blog challenge, but this looks like cheating to me. ;)

    Short posts are fine, I'm sure a couple of mine will be very short depending on the topic. And I know your sister has some short ones, so that's no excuse. :P

    ReplyDelete