.........................................................................................

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

Similar to Mary's always telling Julie to write a book, my friend at school here, Kate, keeps saying we need to write a book about all the adventures we have. It seems they're ceaseless. Every time we go out, it turns into an event. Although, I think it's just the city, personally. Or maybe it's just me. :)

Anyway, I got back to NY late Sunday night. Yesterday was MLK day and the school was closed. It was nice to have a day to recoup and rest before the routine started up again. Plus, it gave me a chance to get my apt set up again, after being gone for a month. MAJOR grocery shopping needed. Plus, with my new diet, anything that was left over, I pretty much can't eat, anyway. :)

So, Kate and I decided to make a day of it. Running errands...what a day! She needed a new blanket and I decided there was probably some housey stuff I needed, too. She mentioned she'd been to Times Square with her boyfriend the day before and seen a Target there. Ok, cool! We headed downtown only to find out that it's not a Target, but rather, just a giant sign. Poo. So, in the bitter cold, we walked the 9 blocks to the Kmart I knew was just a ways away. Not a biggie. We found an awesome blanket for Kate and a toaster (I mean, "stapler") for me and headed back up.

Riding the train with our new exciting housewares, we stopped in Harlem for the grocery store. I'm tellin' ya, it's an exciting day of hanging out, yeah? I know you're jealous! We wandered through the grocery store and $120 later were out of there headed home to cook some yumminess. As we were walking out, we found a cab that took the sketchiest way back home...unappreciated, sir. Finally we made it back and unloaded. We had our DELISH dinner of lasagna casserole and pampered her poor puppy who had just had surgery. Poor Cabbot. He's doing much better, but of course he hams up the injury to get lovins. He is her seeing-eye-dog and had to have a toe removed, so he can't work for another couple weeks. Luckily it was during break. Anyway, I felt bad that I couldn't give him any noodles; he looked so sad and pathetic with his cone on. But, I was good and didn't feed him.

So, laughing all the way through dinner, we enjoyed our eventful day of Target-less Times Square, sketchy cabbies, and late dinner. All for a day of errands. Love this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment