.........................................................................................

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blog Challenge Update

Ok, so I fell behind...shocker :)


Day 6 is (on Becky's a picture--done that and on Julie's a sad memory--no thanks) interesting facts! So, Becky put 15 interesting facts about her on her Day 1, but I didn't, so I will share some now.


  1. My favorite number is 6. I was born on the 6th at 6:00 and weighed 6 lbs or something like that, I think. Anyway, I like it. But my lucky number is usually 7. Weird!

  2. I love stupid trivia. Useless knowledge fascinates me, and I can always find a place to share it. Usually it's with my students (kids love the stuff). I make a fun time of the day to share a new fact.

  3. I don't like escalators. I never have. When I was a kid, I had this Sesame Street book where Ernie and Maria go to the mall. They get on the escalator and the line in the book says, " 'One, two, three, step!' said Maria" and anytime I had to get on an escalator mom would say that to me. To this day, I still say it in my head every time I step on. If you watch me, you can probably see me concentrating getting on. They scare me. I hate them!

  4. My favorite color is orange. It's just such a happy color. Coincidentally, it was my father's favorite, too. Neat. It's also Patrick's favorite. Convenient. :)

  5. I too have the uncanny ability to find misspellings and typos in things. It drives me CRAZY. It seems like such a good ability to have, right? NO! It's annoying as hell! They're everywhere! It amazes me how people don't understand their own language!
  6. As you know, I'm in grad school. But did you know....I only have 4 months left!? To the day, I'll graduate in 4 months. So excited.
  7. I have adrenal gland problems and can't eat sugars or fake sugars. And there's sugar in EVERYTHING!
  8. I, also, don't find myself that interesting. If it weren't for Julie, I wouldn't have this blog at all. :)


Day 7 is my favorite movies: O boy! Well, in no particular order, some of my favorites are:


  • Empire Records

  • Happy Accidents

  • Life as a House

  • Must Love Dogs (and pretty much ANYTHING with John Cusak in it)

  • Princess Bride

I'm sure I'm missing some, but o well.


And today is Day 8! Today we'll discuss a place I've travelled!


You all know how I love travelling, so today's more of it! :D This past March, I went to Belize, Central America. It was beyond amazing. I went with a few of my friends to love on the kids of Belize. We painted a school, hung out with some orphans and learned immense amounts about how others live. It was a very humbling experience to see the joy these kids have with so little. The whole trip was so amazing (we went cave tubing, monkey hunting--SO FREAKING AMAZING!, and to a Mayan ruins site--also way cool). But the kids really made it for me. During the lunch and recess breaks at school we played with them; man they have energy! It was so great to be able to share the love and get dirty for kids! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment